Welcome to another joyceetalks. Today’s post is all about IPSY. Now before we begin, let me tell you a little something about IPSY.
IPSY is a company that makes money by providing subscribers who pay $10 per month with a bag of 5 cosmetic samples each month; the company attracts subscribers via the social influence of video bloggers. Created in 2011 and founded by Michelle Phan, Jennifer Jaconetti Goldfarb, Marcelo Camberos.
The concept of it all is TO TRY BEFORE YOU BUY which is great for makeup enthusiast like me. I get to try 5 makeup or skincare samples depending on my IPSY beauty profile. So how to create a profile you say?
Create an account by logging on to ipsy.com and choose your subscription plan. You may apply for a monthly subscription where you get automatically billed each month for $10( plus tax). Or a yearly subscription.
Begin your Q & A profile. You get to personalize your bag! Ipsy generates a series of questions about your beauty profile and prepares your bag based on your answers.
Here are some of the beauty questions:
You also get to choose what brands you want to receive samples from. On my first glambag, I clicked everything! I really didn’t expect a particular product back then. But I just recently discovered that you may narrow down your samples by choosing items you really like. For example, instead of selecting all makeup items, you may narrow down your choices to mascaras and eyeshadows.
So how long does it take for the glambag to ship? According to their website, Glam Bags leave our warehouse mid-month, and usually arrive 7-10 business days after they ship. We ship in batches, and delivery time can vary each month, so your Glam Bag could arrive the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th week of the month. You’ll always receive a tracking email so you can follow your bag’s progress.
You may cancel your subscription anytime! Or even skip a month. Finally, moving on to my september glambag. I received my bag 12th of this month. It came in a pink foil like package.
Points: For each product reviewed at ipsy.com you get to earn points. Earning points can range from 250-500. By sharing links & referring friends, you may get a chance to earn equivalent points to redeem awesome prices. So start reviewing those bags and sharing Ipsy to your friends!
This month’s glambag came in a studded black purse/ bag. This would be my favorite design so far. This month’s glambag is all about becoming the strongest and most fearless version of YOU. Charlotte Cho creator of a korean beauty site; The Klog and Soko Glam inspired the bag and included some kbeauty products in it.
The bag consist of the following: Descriptions from IPSY.COM
- Luxie Beauty
LUXIE ROSE GOLD MEDIUM ANGLED SHADING EYE BRUSH 207
This fluffy, synthetic bristled beauty is 100% cruelty-free. Angled shape help you blend any eye look like a boss, but you can *also* use it for all your fave cream and powder shadows.
Black Sugar Mask Wash Off.
- SOKO GLAM COLLAB: Chosen for ipsters by boss babe/Soko Glam co-founder Charlotte Cho
- This sugar-infused mask combines our two fave things (skincare and sweets) to make getting a smooth, baby soft complexion a piece of cake.
- Dry, dehydrated skin? Not anymore. This magically moisturizing stuff exfoliates and boosts moisture
deluxe lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara
- Lengthening. Curling. Volumizing. Conditioning. This does-it-all magical mascara seriously puts the spotlight on your lashes.
- The awesome “MagniLASH” wand coats, separates, and defines everyyy last lash.
- No animals were harmed in the making of your fab lashes. This cruelty-free formula is totally vegan.
Beauty For Real
I-LINE 24-7 Eyeliner in Black Magic, Jade or Champagne Buzz
- Who has time to re-apply eyeliner? (Not us!) This rich gel formula is SUPER pigmented and lasts alllll day without touch-ups.
- It doesn’t dry immediately, so you’ll have some time to smudge and play with your line before it sets.
- No sharpener required! This self-sharpening pencil will literally never leave you with a dull line.
- Shade: Champagne Buzz
Pop! Goes The Shadow in Toasted or Gunmetal
- Streaks? Creases? #unsubscribe. This velvety baby blends like a dream.
- Your eye look will be on lockdown. We tested it on an epic errands day and our smoky eye stayed put.
- Toasted is a metallic bronze hue that makes any eye color pop.
- Gunmetal is a smoldery, steely gray that *also* looks rad as a liner.
- Shade: Toasted
That’s all in today’s post. What did you guys get in your glambags? Thanks for stopping by!