Hello beauties! Today, let’s talk about pimples. Lately I’ve been stepping up my skincare game and I noticed that big changes in my skin. I have oily to combination, sensitive and acne prone skin. That’s why I’m very particular when it comes to skincare. Back in the day, I didn’t have a skincare routine and didn’t wear makeup. But as I got older, I also wanted to try makeup (like most girls & guys 😉). The only downside from testing new products was that it would irritate my already sensitive skin and little bumps would pop out. Then I would touch my face consistently and get tempted to pop them! So I paused on foundations and powders a bit and slowly my skin cleared up. Occasionally I get a pimple or two on my chin and forehead. In today’s blog I just wanted to share tips on how I treat my pimple because it worked for me and I hope it would help someone out there too! And of course this is in no way a 100% guarantee that it will work for you. Or it may. You decide 😁.
Here are some tips I made:
- Do not pop it!Don’t touch it! I know it’s tempting. Especially when you see a yellow like lava trying to escape a volcano. But seriously, don’t! According to Pinoy MD, Popping pimples may lead to more pimples because the skin surrounding the pimple would get irritated and the bacteria causing the pimple would just spread causing another pimple to erupt. So popping a pimple would create another pimple and cause scarring.
- Stop touching your face. One word. Bacteria. I am guilty of touching my face on a regular basis. Typically bacteria lodges on your hands then transfers on your face creating more irritation especially on broken skin.
- Wait it out. Let the pimple be. Wait for it to pop out by itself because it would eventually.
- Add a facial cleanser and oil free moisturizers. Cleansing your face atleast twice a day gets rid of bacteria’s lodging on to those pores. Pimples are common in those with oily skin because the pores get clogged then infection may occur. Adding a facial cleanser of you choice may help and follow up with an oil free moisturizer. I tried using coconut oil in the past as a moisturizer and it broke my skin out so badly! So if you have really sensitive skin like mine, it’s best to seek a dermatologist rather than formulating your own DIY at home.
- Try drying lotions. I tried the Mario Badescu drying lotion and it made my pimple dry up quickly. The product claims to “Helps dry up pesky pimples overnight” and contains Salicylic Acid, Sulfur, and Calamine.
Lastly, avoid stress! For some reason, stress triggers pimples. So don’t think about something too much. Plus avoid sugary, dairy, caffeine and high carbohydrates. According to Pinoy MD these types of food may trigger pimples.
That’s all for today’s post! I hope this helps.😊 Thanks for stopping by! Let me know in the comments section below on how you guys treat your pimple. Until the next post!
The opinions expressed here are mine and not those of any advertiser, company, affiliate or group. This post is not sponsored. If you have a product in mind for us to try, Send us an email! This blog is not intended to speak in behalf of experts or professionals in skincare, makeup or anything you guys might think of related to our posts. Please note that the items reviewed may and may not work for you. Thanks for stopping by! Until the next post! XOXO
SUBSCRIBE to our mailing list for FREE!
Until the next post! Thanks for stopping by!
Our mailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
© EYESEESOMETHING.COM. All rights reserved. 2017