This versatile beauty tool was designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage.
- rounded sides blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion
- precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections
- flat edge for contouring around the eyes and nose
- ideal for liquid foundation
For best results, replace your makeup sponge every 1-3 months.
Make up sponges are used to blend out concealers, foundation, blush, contour and etc. Each specific design has a main purpose. Real techniques have a dozen of sponges to choose from. But let’s talk about this particular sponge shall we? =)
It comes in a round shape but pointed on the tip and bottom. The tip was designed to reach precise areas of the face like under the eyes and sides of the nose. Also you can use it to spot conceal a particular blemish then easily blend it out. It has a flat base molded good enough to blend foudation around the face.
It retails for about $5.99 at your local drugstore. Kinda in between pricey for a drugstore sponge don’t cha think?
How to use:
To apply foundation with a wet Real techniques makeup sponge, dampen it with water and wring it out completely. Excess water will run and ruin the finish of the makeup. The water will help smooth out the application. To get a seamless finish, dab a tiny amount of foundation on your face then blend it out. Using a makeup sponge does give out a sheer finish.
The only minor detail about this sponge is that it easily cracks after cleaning it out. I noticed it after washing the the makeup sponge for the first time! It did say that these make up sponges must be replaced every 3 months.
- Blends concealer and foundation well
- Very soft texture once damp
- Easily available at your local drugstore
- Easy to clean with liquid soap of choice (I use the Dr. Bronner’s Pure Liquid Castille Soap)
- A tad bit pricey for drugstore( considering that you need to throw it out after 3 months)
- It easily breaks or cracks after washing.
The opinions expressed here are mine and not those of any advertiser, company, affiliate or group. This post is not sponsored. All images and opinions are mine.
SUBSCRIBE to our mailing list for FREE!
Until the next post! Thanks for stopping by!
in behalf of experts. I am not a makeup artist just an enthusiast. These products may work for me and may not work for you.
© Eye See Something 2017 All rights Reserved